Search Knowledge Base
KB #240112: Installing SQL Server Management Objects (SMO)
The Encryptionizer Column Encryption Manager (Col-E) requires SQL Server Management Objects (SMO). Instructions for installing are shown below.
If you will using Col-E, download the installers for SQL Server Management Objects (SMO) use the following links:
Download installers directly from Microsoft
Recommendation: Right-click on links and Save-As to Desktop.
- CLR Types for Microsoft SQL Server (must be installed first):
- SQL Server Shared Management Objects for Microsoft SQL Server
Alternatively go directly to the Microsoft download page to install the entire SQL Server Feature Pack.
- Download the appropriate installers.
- Install CLR Types for Microsoft SQL Server
- Install SQL Server Shared Management Objects
Reboot is not required. Note that even though these downloads may mention SQL Server 2014, they support SQL 2005 and later.
Last modified: 12/1/2018