Search Knowledge Base
KB #240099: Integrating Encryptionizer and Double-Take
Instructions on deploying Encryptionizer for SQL Server with Double-Take (aka Double Take or DoubleTake)
- Secure SQL Server on all nodes. All nodes should share the same key(s). You should use the following options:
- Specify “Encrypt new”, or create a Rule Mask such that the following file types are encrypted: MDF, LDF, TRN, Backup files.
- On each node, run Regedit.exe and navigate down to one of these keys (whichever appropriate):
- Edit the Value Group and change it from “FSFilter Encryption” to “FSFilter Anti-Virus”.
- Next, navigagate to the key below. If it does not exist, ignore this step.
- In the right pane edit the Value Altitude and change to 320001
- Exit Regedit
- Make sure DoubleTake is disconnected. Alternatively, Stop the Double-Take Service.
- Encrypt the database(s) on all nodes. Alternatively delete the databases on the secondary node(s) and encrypt them on the primary node.
- Reboot the nodes.
- Reestablish Double Take connections and allow initial syncronization to complete.
Last modified: 7/5/2017