Search Knowledge Base
KB #240128: Sending files privately to NetLib Security Support
Use the utility and procedure described below to email sensitive files to NetLib Security Support.
We have provided a utility to allow you to email sensitive files to NetLib Security Support. The utility will encrypt a file with a Public Key. Upon receipt we will decrypt with the associated Private Key.
- If more than one file needs to be sent, compress all files in a ZIP file
- Download PrivateSend.exe from the NetLib Security website.
- Run utility
- Select file that needs to be emailed and select Encrypt.
- It will encrypt the file and place it on the Desktop with the same name but with extension “CTX”. For example, if you encrypt
private.zipit will place
private.zip.ctxon the Desktop.
- Attach the CTX file (a text file) to an email. (Tip: If the CTX file is very large, you can compress it into another ZIP file before sending.)
Last modified: 6/27/2019